Paul Korda . com - The Web Home of Paul Korda, singer, musician & song-writer.

International Entertainment News

Friday, September 18, 2009

Tucker Max Responds to the CTA Decision to Ban Ads for 'I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell'

Tucker Max Responds to the CTA Decision to Ban Ads for 'I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell'

CHICAGO and LOS ANGELES, Sept. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to Thursday's announcement from the Chicago Transit Authority that it would immediately ban more than 250 bus ads for the film "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell," co-writer and producer Tucker Max is issuing a statement about it to the media:

"Bite me."

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20090918/NY78153 )

The recent ban is the culmination of a two month long effort by angry anti-male groups on college campuses. What began as a series of protests at a movie screening in North Carolina has grown into a multi-state campaign designed to label the film a promoter of "rape culture." This week the group took advantage of the movie's advertisements in Chicago to bring more attention to themselves at the expense of the film.

"This is the perfect example of a ridiculous group of kooky activists bullying the media into propagating a minority viewpoint. They've purposely manipulated my work -- which is a satire and a comedy -- to further their own agenda and shamelessly exploited the rape and domestic violence issues to get national attention," said Max.

The CTA's decision to pull the bus advertisements was undoubtedly related to the email and telephone campaign promoted by SAFER CAMPUS (Students Active for Ending Rape) and an article published by Chicago Reader in which the author predicted the ads would be removed while simultaneously admitting that he'd not actually seen them.

"All I have to say to these kooks and trolls is bite me. You can slander and libel me on the internet or attack my advertisements but you will not shut this movie down. Not under any circumstances," Max said.

In response to the loss of audiences in Chicago, Rudius Media and Darko Entertainment, the two companies behind the film, are announcing that they are doubling their internet advertising budget and expanding print and television ads to other, more open minded cities.

Max was adamant that he not only doesn't hate women, he loves them, "That's the question I have constantly asked that the protestors have never addressed, because they can't: 'If my art is misogynist and promotes violence against women, then why are half of my fans women?' They don't answer the question because they can't. Women are not stupid. They would not support me if I hated them, and the fact that they come out in the hundreds of thousands to buy my book and go to my movie is proof that I not only love women, but my art is in fact pro-woman. The facts are on my side because I am right."

Max concluded with, "Screw those protestors if they can't a take a joke."

About "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell" and Tucker Max

"I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell" the book sprung from the legendary website TuckerMax.com, and has become the biggest book to ever come off the internet. It has spent four years on the best seller list, sold almost 1 million copies and being hailed by the New York Times as the book that started a new literary movement, "fratire."

"I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell" the movie was written and produced by Tucker Max and Nils Parker, and opens Friday September 25th.

The author Tucker Max received his BA from the University of Chicago, where he graduated in 1998. He attended Duke Law School on an academic scholarship, where he graduated with a JD in 2001 (despite the fact that he neglected to buy any of his textbooks for his final two years and spent part of one semester -- while still enrolled in classes -- living in Cancun). His book, "I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell," has spent four years on the NY Times Best Seller List and has 1 million books in print. He co-wrote and produced the movie based on his book, also titled "I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell." He has also been credited with being the originator and leader of a new literary genre, "fratire," and was nominated to Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential List in 2009. He currently lives in Los Angeles with his dog, Murph.

Contact:

Jeffrey Chassen
BWR Public Relations
Phone: 212-901-3922
Cell: 646-515-5511
Email: Jeffrey.chassen@bwr-ny.com

Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20090918/NY78153
Source: Tucker Max

CONTACT: Jeffrey Chassen, BWR Public Relations, for Tucker Max, Phone,
+1-212-901-3922, Cell, +1-646-515-5511, Jeffrey.chassen@bwr-ny.com

Web Site: http://tuckermax.com/


-------
Profile: intent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home