Paul Korda . com - The Web Home of Paul Korda, singer, musician & song-writer.

International Entertainment News

Thursday, February 02, 2012

"The Vampire Diaries" Star Kat Graham Joins A&M/Octone Family

"The Vampire Diaries" Star Kat Graham Joins A&M/Octone Family

READY TO LEAVE HER MARK WITH DEBUT SINGLE "PUT YOUR GRAFFITI ON ME" IMPACTING SOON

NEW YORK, Feb. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- KAT GRAHAM, the multi-talented star of the CW's The Vampire Diaries, is going to paint pop sexy with "Put Your Graffiti On Me", her first single for A&M/Octone Records.

The label is proud to announce the actress, singer, dancer and songwriter's signing to its esteemed roster, and this partnership is about to kick off with a big bang!

Produced by Australian duo Twice as Nice [50 Cent, Pete Wentz], "Put Your Graffiti On Me" slides from a propulsive stomp, snappy beats, and spray-paint can shaking sound into a hypnotic hook from GRAHAM.

"Put Your Graffiti On Me" is sassy, seductive street pop with attitude and allure to spare. The song's music video will be debuting soon, and it will also be available on iTunes and other digital retailers in the near future. Her name is about to be "tagged" everywhere.

"I wanted to come out swinging," says GRAHAM of the song. "I wanted my introduction to be strong and in your face. Even though the song is about tagging and art, there's a sexual connotation. By being tagged, you're allowing yourself to be owned in a sensual way. It's a bit tongue-in-cheek as well. The song basically says, 'If you want it, come and get it'. There's no mistake about the kind of artist I am."

There's no mistaking the singer's talent either. Her persona extends from the screen to studio and beyond. A born performer, she's been starring as Bonnie Bennett on the hit television show The Vampire Diaries since 2009, and she's appeared in films ranging from Honey 2 to The Roommate. Most importantly, she's got the swagger to light up any stage, and she'll be turning heads everywhere as part of A&M/Octone.

About joining the label's family, she says, "Signing to A&M/Octone was always a dream of mine. I've been trying to get signed since I was 14-years-old. I wanted to be like Janet Jackson. She was the only artist I knew who came from television like I have and sung and danced. Coincidentally, she was signed to A&M. [C.E.O. and President of A&M/Octone] James Diener is really my hero. He's giving me a chance to show the world what I have. Everybody has been so supportive and behind the song. They see my vision. They let me be creative and do me."

Diener echoes her excitement adding, "The first time I heard KAT, I felt something very special. She's going to blossom into a major star, and it's an honor to be on this road with her. This is going to be an incredible creative partnership."

It's KAT GRAHAM's time. She's going to put her graffiti on you.

Twitter.com/KatGraham

Facebook.com/OfficialKatgraham

SOURCE A&M/Octone Records

A&M/Octone Records

CONTACT: CONTACT: A&M/Octone Records, +1-646-845-1700, Krissy Laux / KL@amoctone.com


-------
Profile: intent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home