Paul Korda . com - The Web Home of Paul Korda, singer, musician & song-writer.

International Entertainment News

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

TIME Magazine Votes My Damn Channel One of Top 50 Websites of 2011

TIME Magazine Votes My Damn Channel One of Top 50 Websites of 2011

"A Video Site Where Almost Everything is Entertaining"

NEW YORK, Aug. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- My Damn Channel, a leading entertainment studio and distributor of premium videos by top talent, today announced that they were voted one of TIME Magazine's Top 50 Websites of 2011. My Damn Channel was listed as one of the Top 5 sites in the music and video category with HBO GO, Howcast, Turntable.fm, and 8tracks.

My Damn Channel joins the ranks of companies like Groupon, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, The Onion and Netflix who have made this list in previous years. The 2011 selection process began with TIME Magazine editors nominating sites to make this year's list. The 50 best websites were determined by a vote and TIME's technology writer and the founder and editor of TIME's Technologizer, Harry McCracken, provided the editorial commentary.

"We're honored and humbled to be recognized by one of the world's top news sources," said Rob Barnett, Founder/CEO of My Damn Channel. "For 4 years, we've built our business giving top talent the chance to deliver excellent, original video directly to their fans. This feels a little bit like nailing a perfect score on the SATs and our artists deserve all the credit."

TIME Magazine said: "Brevity is the soul of the wit at My Damn Channel, a video site where almost everything is entertaining and nothing runs for much more than five minutes. It features short-form sitcoms like Versailles (with Fred Willard, Patricia Heaton and William H. Macy), stuff by dependably funny people such as Harry Shearer and Bruce McCall, an in-your-face instructional show called You Suck at Photoshop and the self-explanatory Cookin' with Coolio. More professional than YouTube and less schlocky than much of what's on the networks and cable, My Damn Channel is damn good TV."

About My Damn Channel

My Damn Channel is a leading entertainment studio and distributor of premium videos by top talent. The company has launched some of the most successful, original comedy series including Wainy Days, Gigi: Almost American, Easy to Assemble, Horrible People, the cult phenomenon You Suck at Photoshop, and videos by Harry Shearer. My Damn Channel creates premium, branded entertainment and custom, targeted distribution campaigns for partners including Subway, IKEA, IFC, Adult Swim, PUMP, Trident, Southern Comfort, and Lincoln. The My Damn Channel, Distribution Network reaches over 50 million unique visitors monthly. The My Damn Channel Blog Network and the My Damn Channel Talent Network launched July, 2011. For more information, please visit www.MyDamnChannel.com/SizzleReel

Media Contact
Teena Touch PR for My Damn Channel
415-310-3125
teena@teenatouchpr.com

SOURCE My Damn Channel

My Damn Channel

Web Site: http://www.mydamnchannel.com


-------
Profile: intent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home