Paul Korda . com - The Web Home of Paul Korda, singer, musician & song-writer.

International Entertainment News

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

MommyMixer Unveils Plans for Rapid National Expansion in 2008

MommyMixer Unveils Plans for Rapid National Expansion in 2008

The nationally recognized babysitting network company will launch its services in Boston, Pittsburgh, Tucson, Chapel Hill, Orange County, and San Diego, among others

- 40 SPRING MIXERS PROMISE TO HELP OVER 1000 FAMILIES FIND GREAT SITTERS -

AUSTIN, Texas, Jan. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- MommyMixer, the original babysitter networking event company, is expanding nationally in 2008, adding to its current reach of 22 cities nationwide with the launch of MommyMixer in Boston, Chapel Hill, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Orange County, San Diego, and Tucson.

MommyMixer has established itself across the country as the go-to place for a fun and efficient way to find a great babysitter (or babysitting job). In January, February, and March, MommyMixer plans to hold more than 40 events nationwide helping over 1000 families connect with bright, energetic, and qualified sitters in their cities. In addition, MommyMixer recently introduced a new mixer targeting moms and dads with newborns and this specialized mixer will be rolling out in cities beginning in 2008. With Valentine's Day around the corner -- MommyMixer gift certificates are also readily available on the http://www.mommymixer.com/ site allowing spouses, family, and friends to give their favorite mom and/or dad free entrance to a mixer; a gift that keeps on giving by empowering families to have the right support in place for 2008.

With national growth comes the need for great new people to help run MommyMixer in its growing list of cities. "MommyMixer is committed to keeping its reputation as an exclusive and community-oriented event, which can only be accomplished by using local, in-the-know people everywhere we go," says Mary Sullivan Cooper, CEO and Chief Mama for MommyMixer." We are actively recruiting fun, motivated, and accomplished individuals to act as City Managers and Campus Representatives in: Boston, Pittsburgh, New York, Columbus, Charlotte, Nashville, Chicago, St. Louis, Seattle, San Diego, Los Angeles, San Jose, San Francisco, and more."

City Managers serve as the hostesses of all events by planning and executing the events, promoting and building MommyMixer's reputation, and acting as the point of contact for moms and sitters alike. Campus Representatives are college students who deal primarily with the sitters, and act as recruiters on their campuses, as well as assistants to the City Managers in throwing events. Both positions call for enthusiasm and a knack for keeping connected with the surrounding community. Both roles are part-time with flexible hours.

As one City Manager points out:

"As a stay at home mom, I loved the idea of working part-time from home. Working for MommyMixer gives me this flexibility, plus I absolutely love the event planning aspect because it's like hosting and promoting a party! Before having children, I was a social worker. With MommyMixer, I feel like I'm still helping people, they just happen to be moms and college girls that otherwise might not find each other," says Tami Zuniga, one of two City Managers for MommyMixer in San Antonio. "MommyMixer is one of the most organized and detail oriented companies I've worked for."

In Atlanta mixers have also been filling up swiftly thanks to a MommyMixer City Manager who also knows her way around event planning:

"When I was approached by MommyMixer to be the City Manager it was such a natural fit. I'm a stay at home mom who plans corporate events part time and I had a long career focused on event planning before having my son. My role as City Manager enables me to find great sitters for myself, help other moms connect with fantastic sitters, and put my professional skills to use without having to travel. Plus I really enjoy the mingling! What better fit could there be?" says Juliane Walker, MommyMixer's City Manager in Atlanta.

The MommyMixer Campus Representatives love the role because it gives them a great way to be a mover and shaker on campus by helping young women find great jobs that fit around their academic schedule. Here's what a few of them have to say about the role:

"I became interested in working for MommyMixer because as a college student, I wanted a job that could give me some extra cash but could be as flexible or as time-consuming as I wanted it to be. I know that many other students feel this same way, and I had such a positive experience finding rewarding, flexible jobs with MommyMixer that I wanted to let other students know about the opportunity," says Emily Suzanne Ergle, the Campus Rep in Atlanta at Georgia State University for MommyMixer. "I like being a College Rep for MommyMixer because I am able to inform girls about a great opportunity that worked out in a very good way for me. It is an awesome concept and I feel really pleased when one of the students I recruited comes to me and talks about a great family that they babysat for over the weekend and how they can't wait to do it again."

"In high school I was a babysitter for family friends in my neighborhood. In my second semester freshman year of college, I realized I really missed babysitting, but I had trouble finding families to sit for because I was new to the city (Nashville). That summer, back in Dallas, I was introduced to MommyMixer for the first time," says Claire Reid, MommyMixer's College Rep at Vanderbilt in Nashville, TN. "I loved the idea behind MommyMixer and it was not long after attending my first event in Dallas that I was contacted about starting MommyMixer in Nashville. It was a perfect fit because I could not wait to help the company succeed in yet another city."

Reid continues, "In my role as a College Rep for MommyMixer I love the fact that I am helping other girls find great families to babysit for. Plus I have learned so much about organizing events and building customer relationships, which are two great skills to have upon graduation."

To apply for a position at MommyMixer applicants can send their resume and a note to recruiting@mommymixer.com

The following mixers are already scheduled for January, February, and March. New mixers are being added to the online schedule daily so check your city. Parents and sitters, sign up on your city page to receive invites to upcoming events throughout the year. Space at MommyMixer events is limited and registration for mixers is essential at http://www.mommymixer.com.

MommyMixer

Date City Time Place

16-Jan Atlanta 7:00 - 8:30 Tulipano
Columbus 7:00 - 8:30 Etc ... Boutique
22-Jan Denver 6:00 - 7:30 Blu
23-Jan San Antonio 7:00 - 8:30 Bloom
26-Jan Baton Rouge 1:00 - 2:30 Between Scene
27-Jan Boulder 5:30 - 7:00 Anthropologie
San Antonio N. 2:00 - 3:30 Lilly Pulitzer
Chapel Hill 3:30 - 5:00 Aveda Institute
29-Jan Houston 7:00 - 8:30 Abejas
Nashville 6:30 - 8:00 Snap Kids
Dallas 7:00 - 8:30 Kacky and Carl
San Diego 6:30 - 8:00 Style Child
30-Jan Seattle 7:00 - 8:30 Curtsy Bella
Tucson 7:00 - 8:30 J.Crew
Austin 6:30 - 8:00 Anthropologie

3-Feb Orange County 2:00 - 3:30 Road Less Traveled Store
5-Feb Georgetown 7:00 - 8:30 Mood Bridwell Atrium
17-Feb Baton Rouge TBA TBA
19-Feb New Orleans 6:00 - 7:30 Orient Expressed
20-Feb Houston 7:00 - 8:30 TBA
26-Feb San Diego 7:00 - 8:30 TBA
28-Feb San Antonio 7:00 - 8:30 Bloom

2-Mar Boulder 5:30 - 7:00 Anthropologie
5-Mar Seattle 7:00 - 8:30 Curtsy Bella
Columbus 7:00 - 8:30 Rowe


Additional events are being announced daily on the MommyMixer website for Denver, San Diego, San Jose, Orange County, Seattle, Fort Worth, Austin, Baton Rouge, Chapel Hill, and more!

About MommyMixer:

Founded in 2003, MommyMixer unites families with local university students through exclusive face-to-face sitter networking events. Deemed by MommyMixer veterans as the exclusive national face-to-face provider of "college-aged sitter connections," MommyMixer has expanded to 22 cities to date, with plans for continued growth. Angel investors fund the company.

Press Contacts:
Kathleen Kenney Lucente
512-217-6352
kathleen@mommymixer.com

First Call Analyst:
FCMN Contact:


Source: MommyMixer

CONTACT: Kathleen Kenney Lucente, +1-512-217-6352,
kathleen@mommymixer.com, for MommyMixer

Web site:

http://www.mommymixer.com/

NOTE TO EDITORS: Attention TV Producers & Reporters: B-roll is available upon request

-------
Profile: intent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home